These Trail Mix Protein Bars are delicious and they are considered clean, Paleo, AND are gluten-free. This is definitely a recipe that you should try!
- 1/3 cup raw almonds (not roasted or salted)
- 1/3 cup dried, pitted dates
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds (not roasted or salted)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds (not roasted or salted)
- 3 TBSP dark chocolate, 70% cocoa or greater
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients into a food processor and pulse/chop until most pieces are broken up and sliced.
- Add protein powder, coconut or almond milk, honey and egg to the food processor and pulse several times to combine.
- Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly onto the dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Allow bars to cool in your refrigerator for 45 minutes to 1 hour to harden and “set.”
- Step 1 is VERY loud!
- Bars do not have preservatives and must be refrigerated to last more than a few hours. Bars will stay in refrigeration for approximately 2 days. (Make a half batch if it’s just you!)
- These are higher in fat than our other bars due to the fact they are made primarily with nuts. These should count toward your healthy fats for your day.
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American