When was the last time you actually had fun cooking dinner or doing food prep? I don’t mind food prep but I wouldn’t say it’s “fun”…that was until we got a spiralizer! Scott was pretty skeptical at first and said it was a waste of money…that was until he started using it! He started acting like a little kid and trying to find other things we could spiralize. He even said, “kids would love to do this!”.
These Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries are one of our favorite things to make with our spiralizer.
We have this spiralizer which has an interchangeable blade so that you can make a variety of different cuts and sizes. We’ve only done sweet potato and zucchini in ours but the possibilities are endless!
These will not be as crispy as real fried sweet potato but as a healthier alternative, these are great! We’ve mixed these in with our Honey-Chipotle Chicken and even topped our Lean Mean Cheeseburger with them!Print
Spiralized Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper (for easy clean up)
- Wash and prep your sweet potatoes by cutting the ends off. Make sure to cut the ends off leaving a flat surface to make using the slicer easier.
- Place one end of the sweet potato on the prong and the other on the white spiky side.
- Turn the handle and the sweet potato will go through the slicer. You can place a bowl or baking sheet on the other side to catch your spiralized sweet potato!
- Drizzle olive oil (or use an olive oil mister) on the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with sea salt & black pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy (keep an eye on the oven as these will burn easily).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply