SERIOUSLY. It’s July. 2018. That means that the year is halfway over. It also means it’s time for a Q2 update. Read our Q1 update here.
Most Popular Recent Blog Posts
The following posts (published in Q2) have been our most popular posts (in case you missed them!):
- What to Wear Hiking in the Summer
- What to Eat While Hiking
- 7-Day Smartphone Detox
- How to Grill Chicken on a Gas Grill
- Outfit Your Clean Eating Kitchen for Less than $150
- Build Your Home Gym for Less than $100
Most Popular Social Posts
We’re still adjusting to being on WordPress so you might still have broken links or weird looking pictures or posts. We are working as fast as we can to get things back to normal. Always reach out if there’s something you can’t find on the site!
OUR PODCAST IS BACK! Catch up with us here.
- Our Favorite Simple Recipes & Recipe Hacks
- Confessions: We Don’t Always Practice What We Preach
- Lies You Tell Yourself
- Our New Training Plan + Goals
New Training Plan
May was the anniversary of me leaving my full time “office job” and also being published in a magazine. Both of these events bring back a flood of emotions. You can read more about me leaving my “stable” job here. I talk about my transformation feature in this post about body image.
My birthday was June 4. We’re not really into big celebrations so it’s really just a normal day for us. 😉 We were lucky though that the weather was much cooler and less humid than normal so we headed to the mountains (more on this below).
We just returned from a trip to Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine but that was technically in Q3 so I’ll talk more about that next time. 🙂 We didn’t travel anywhere really far away during Q2. We did go to TN/NC to hike in the Smokies the beginning of June since we had some random nice (and not humid!) weather. We went hiking and actually camped one night in Cade’s Cove… our first time in Cade’s Cove!
The last few months have been incredibly busy though. I had my sister’s bridal shower, bachelorette party, and my sister’s wedding! It was the day after the wedding (July 1) we left for Vermont!
Here’s a silly selfie of my sister and me before the wedding. 🙂
I’m patting myself on the back for still keeping track of our hikes so far this year. I’m also trying to go back and figure out the mileage we’ve done in the past (since 2011!). Not that it really matters but I like trying to figure it out by looking at old pictures. Brings back great memories.
We hiked a total of 52.6 miles in Q2.
- 04/01/18 – Yonah Mountain (GA) / 4.2 miles / 1,450 elevation gain
- 04/20/18 – Blood Mountain (GA) / 4.3 miles / 1,463 elevation gain
- 04/28/18 – Bartram Trail to Pinnacle Knob (GA) / 8.6 miles / 1,450 elevation gain
- 05/13/18 – Alum Cave to Mt LeConte (NC) / 10.6 miles / 2,500 elevation gain
- 06/03/18 – Hemphill Bald (NC) / 9 miles / 1,600 elevation gain
- 06/04/18 – Gregory Bald (TN) / 11.6 miles / 2,927 elevation gain
- 06/16/18 – Blood Mountain (GA) / 4.3 miles / 1,463 elevation gain