These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are light, fluffy, and full of flavor. If you’re looking for a simple way to dress up traditional pancakes, this recipe is for you!
- 2 cups pancake batter of your choice (make your own or try something like Kodiak Cakes)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 cups raspberries or blueberries (or toppings of your choice)
- Lightly grease a skillet and heat it to medium heat
- In a large bowl, whisk together pancake mix according to the directions on the package
- Once the pancake batter is smooth, pour in the almond extract and squeeze the juice from half a lemon into the batter. Next, zest half the lemon into the batter and add the poppy seeds. Stir everything until just combined.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter onto the greased and preheated skillet. Cook until the top is lightly golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 2 minutes before removing it from the skillet. Repeat until you run out of batter.
- Add toppings of your choice and serve warm!
The macros were calculated using Kodiak Cakes and assuming no toppings so your macros could vary greatly depending on how you make your pancakes.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American