These lemon cream steel cut oats can easily be made in the Instant Pot, crock pot, or on the stovetop and make the perfect healthy breakfast.
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp stevia extract
- juice of 2-3 whole lemon(s)
- lemon zest, if desired
- Instant Pot: Add all ingredients to your Instant Pot and cook on manual, high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow natural release.
- Crock Pot: Add all ingredients to your Crock Pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- The easiest way to determine your serving size is to weigh the entire batch of oats once they are finished cooking and divide by the number of servings (which is 8 if you use 2 cups of steel cut oats).
- We find our serving size to be around 210 grams.