These lemon cream steel cut oats are the perfect option for a healthy breakfast. They can be made in the Instant Pot, Crockpot, or on the stove! They have the right combination of tart, sweet, and tangy.
We’ve been making these Lemon Cream Steel Cut Oats for quite a few weeks now. We are obsessed with lemon and these definitely hit the spot. They aren’t too over the top of tartness, sweetness, or tanginess but the perfect combination of all three!
These oats are the perfect healthy breakfast, just pair with eggs or yogurt for some added protein. With the days starting to warm up and summer upon us, now is the perfect time to introduce some lemon into your diet. Unless you are like us and eat them year round!
- One year ago: 20-minute Walking Workout
- Two years ago: PB&J Protein Shake
- Three years ago: Tough Mudder – We Got Muddy!
- Four years ago: Beach Body Bootcamp Workout
- Five years ago: DIY Taco Seasoning Mix
WATCH how to make our Lemon Cream Steel Cut Oats in the Instant Pot (35 seconds):
These lemon cream steel cut oats can easily be made in the Instant Pot, crock pot, or on the stovetop and make the perfect healthy breakfast.
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp stevia extract
- juice of 2-3 whole lemon(s)
- lemon zest, if desired
- Instant Pot: Add all ingredients to your Instant Pot and cook on manual, high pressure for 10 minutes. Allow natural release.
- Crock Pot: Add all ingredients to your Crock Pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- The easiest way to determine your serving size is to weigh the entire batch of oats once they are finished cooking and divide by the number of servings (which is 8 if you use 2 cups of steel cut oats).
- We find our serving size to be around 210 grams.