These Lemon Blueberry Collagen Protein Bites are grain-free and dairy-free! They are delicious and taste like blueberry muffins.
- 1 cup raw cashews (or cashew butter if you don’t want to blend your own cashews)
- 1/4 tsp pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup almond flour or coconut flour (oat flour is an option if you are not strictly grain-free)
- 1 scoop collagen (substitute with a vanilla-flavored plant protein powder if vegan)
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries (look for an unsweetened option)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- dash of salt
- 1 TBSP granulated sweetener of choice (we use coconut sugar)
- Turn the cashews into butter by blending the cashews in a food processor for 30 seconds at a time, stopping to scrape the sides. This only takes a few minutes!
- Once the cashews have been blended into a creamy and smooth buttery texture, scrape the cashew butter out of the blender and place it in a medium mixing bowl.
- Note: you can use store-bought cashew butter and skip this step if you don’t want to make it yourself.
- Zest a lemon into the bowl then add the juice from the lemon. Add almond extract and stir zest, juice, and extract into the cashew butter.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, collagen, salt, sugar, and dried blueberries together
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir together until combined
- Form dough into balls and place them in a container. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to set
Remember to store these in the refrigerator
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American