The Single Leg Split Squat is one of those exercises that you will love to hate! It's a great exercise to shape your glutes but you might be waddling the next day! In our workout plans "leg day" is pretty popular and this exercise is included quite a bit!
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
HOW TO DO SINGLE LEG SPLIT SQUATS
1. Hold dumbbells at your side or place an EZ bar or weighted bar across your shoulders (if you are a beginner, do not use weight until you have the movement down first).
2. Place one foot on a bench behind you (like seen in the picture above).
3. While keeping your chest up lower your hips (squat down) until your front thigh is parallel to the floor.
4. Press back up into your starting position by focusing on your glutes.
5. Repeat on the same leg for the listed number of repetitions then switch legs.