Frustrated when trying to make an omelet? Use this step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect omelet and master eggs!
I struggled with omelets for a long time. I would try to make an omelet and it would just turn into scrambled eggs because I would get so frustrated. I finally started experimenting and reading about cooking them (yes, I’m a dork!). I put together some of the information I found and so far it has been working! One of the most important things I’ve discovered is that you need to use a small pan.
In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge lover of eggs – I finally mastered boiled eggs (by baking them or using an Instant Pot) and now I’m a pretty good omelet maker too if I do say so myself. 😉 Speaking of eggs, have you tried our scrambled eggs (with our secret ingredient). OBSESSED.
P.S. Is it Omelet or Omelette?
How to Make the Perfect Omelet
- Coconut Oil (to coat the pan to prevent sticking)
- Eggs (I normally use 1-2 whole eggs and 2-3 egg whites)
- Fillings of your choice! Some options: spinach, cheese, ham, tomatoes, peppers, onion
- Coat a small pan with coconut oil to prevent sticking
- Heat pan on medium heat (6-8) and once warm add eggs
- Once the eggs start to bubble add your choice of toppings
- Once it appears that you can carefully fold the omelet do so with care (I use a fork and spatula)
- Cook on one side for a few seconds and then flip to finish cooking
If you are an egg lover like me, you may also enjoy these:
- How to make perfect scrambled eggs
- How to boil eggs – the ultimate guide!
- How to boil eggs in the oven
- How to boil eggs in the Instant Pot