Interested in eating clean? Read this post first and then come back and read these helpful hints & tips!
We will be posting more hints & tips along the way but here are a few to get you started!
Helpful Hints & Tips to Start Your Clean Eating Lifestyle
- Get a Costco or Sam’s Club Membership (we have found that Costco sells more “clean” food than Sam’s but check out both in your area before you purchase a membership). Click here to view our Clean Eating shopping list for Costco.
- Utilize your Amazon Account! Check out their Subscribe & Save discount for items you purchase on a regular basis or for items that are hard to find where you live. Click here to view our shopping list for online retailers.
- This was mentioned in a previous post but it is important to point out again…as soon as you get home from the grocery store, wash, chop & divide your vegetables otherwise you may not eat them!
- Buy a food scale and weigh everything you eat.
- Buy multiple sets of measuring cups (and spoons) & leave them in the containers of the food you eat often. This makes portion control very easy! We leave measuring cups in our rice, beans & oat flour!
- After you have weighed & measured everything, pack your meals in BPA-free containers the night before so you can just put them in your cooler in the morning. Grab & Go!
Remember, this is a lifestyle and not a diet.1