This healthy Instant Pot Bison Chili recipe is PERFECT for food prep! It is made quickly and with minimal clean up in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.
- 1 lb ground beef, bison, or chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 10 oz can of diced tomatoes & green chilies
- 15 oz can of black beans (drained)
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp mustard (spicy, regular or a combination of both)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2–1 Tbsp olive oil (to saute onions and garlic)
- Saute the onion and garlic in the Instant Pot (press the saute button and add olive oil, onion, and garlic).
- Once onions are translucent add your meat (ground chicken, beef, or bison) to the pot and cook until brown. Once cooked, drain if desired.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, cover and lock the lid. Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button on the Instant Pot, then press the “Bean/Chili” button to begin the pressure cooking. It should be automatically set for 30 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Once the chili is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally or use the quick release.
- Top with cheese, cilantro, or green onions – if desired.
If using a crockpot, saute the onion and garlic and brown the meat in a separate pan. Add the onion, garlic, and meat to the crockpot. Add all remaining ingredients and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American