This Easy Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is a perfect solution for weeknight mealtime! Eat as it is, or shred and put in a wrap for a versatile meal.
- 3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (we use Vidalia/Sweet)
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Mix all ingredients (not including the chicken breasts) together in a blender/food processor (must hold at least 5 cups - we use a Vitamix) and blend for about 30 seconds until ingredients are mixed well.
- Place blended pasta sauce in a saucepan and simmer on low/medium heat for about 10-15 minutes until sauce takes on a thicker consistency and a dark shade of red.
- Mix chicken breasts and pasta sauce in the crockpot and cook on low heat for at least 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, you will notice the sauce looks very runny, this is normal. Remove crock pot from the heating base, shred chicken with a wooden spoon or spatula and as it cools, the shredded chicken will absorb the juices from the pasta sauce.
- 1 SmartPoint per serving on the WW FreeStyle Plan
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: crockpot chicken cacciatore, crockpot italian chicken