Our Italian Stallion Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe – it’s so good! If you want a versatile meal to make in your slow cooker for dinner or lunch, this is it! Put the pulled chicken on salads, spaghetti squash or just eat it plain. It’s healthy, so you don’t have to worry about added calories or fat.
Italian Stallion Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
This simple slow cooker chicken recipe is one you are going to absolutely love. It has the flavors of your favorite chicken cacciatore recipe, except you can shred the chicken just like you would with our Salsa Chicken. While you can eat the chicken as it is with a side, I love using it like I do my salsa chicken and shredding it.
This recipe is just as easy but a few ingredients are changed/added to give it an Italian flair, which is why I named it after one of my favorite movie characters, Rocky Balboa (aka THE ITALIAN STALLION!).
How to Serve Crockpot Shredded Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
A delicious and easy spin on a classic chicken cacciatore recipe is a perfect addition to your weeknight meal plan. Fresh vegetables and herbs create that classic Italian chicken cacciatore recipe feel, but this cooking method makes it easy for the busy home cook. Adding in the fact that slow-cooked chicken shreds easily, makes this a perfect option for multiple meals.
- Shred and serve over rice or your favorite pasta
- Add to a tortilla wrap with an Italian cheese blend
- Stuff inside a baked potato for an Italian stuffed baked potato
More Crockpot Recipes
Using your slow cooker is a great way to save time and still be able to feed your family healthy meals. I know you will love this easy to make shredded chicken cacciatore recipe, but don’t forget to check out all of our other favorite slow cooker meals below.
- Crockpot Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
- Easy Crockpot Chicken and Kale Soup
- Flavorful Crockpot Bison Chili
- Pumpkin Tortilla Slow Cooker Soup
Extra Tip: Check out our Slow Cooker and Crockpot Conversion Times Chart for making mealtime easier.Print
This Easy Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe is a perfect solution for weeknight mealtime! Eat as it is, or shred and put in a wrap for a versatile meal.
- 3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (we use Vidalia/Sweet)
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Mix all ingredients (not including the chicken breasts) together in a blender/food processor (must hold at least 5 cups – we use a Vitamix) and blend for about 30 seconds until ingredients are mixed well.
- Place blended pasta sauce in a saucepan and simmer on low/medium heat for about 10-15 minutes until sauce takes on a thicker consistency and a dark shade of red.
- Mix chicken breasts and pasta sauce in the crockpot and cook on low heat for at least 7 hours.
- After 7 hours, you will notice the sauce looks very runny, this is normal. Remove crock pot from the heating base, shred chicken with a wooden spoon or spatula and as it cools, the shredded chicken will absorb the juices from the pasta sauce.
- 1 SmartPoint per serving on the WW FreeStyle Plan
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Crockpot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: crockpot chicken cacciatore, crockpot italian chicken