Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is made simple using this meal prep idea in a slow cooker with steel-cut oats, applesauce, almond milk, and your favorite spices.
- 3 cups Organic Steel Cut Oats (Use Gluten Free Steel Cut Oats for a Gluten-Free Alternative)
- 3 cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 10 cups water (you can use more, but we like the thicker texture)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Stevia in the Raw (or another sweetener of your choice, your choice may change the calorie count!)
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1–2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract (avoid HFCS!)
- Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and cook overnight on low (around 8 hours).
- Wake up to the delicious smell of your Apple-Cinnamon Steel Cut Oats. Don’t freak out when you wake up. All you have to do next is stir!
- If desired, you can add sliced apple, walnuts, almonds, flax seed, protein powder, or fresh berries.
- Store in a container that holds at least 3.5 liters.
- Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Steel Cut Oats as an alternative.
- Makes approx 12 servings. I have found each serving to be around 1 1/2 cups. However, if you have a scale you may want to weigh yours & divide that by 12 to get a more accurate weight of the serving size.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American