These Hatching Chick Deviled Eggs are a fun, easy, healthy, and festive snack for the whole family!
- 12 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt (or mayonnaise)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP dill relish
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- dash of lemon juice or white vinegar
- 24 peppercorns for the eyes (or black olives)
- 1 carrot for feet/nose
- Boil the eggs
- While the eggs are boiling, combine everything in a bowl except for carrots (feet and nose) and peppercorn (eyes). Refrigerate for the next step.
- Wash & peel the carrot and cut into 12 rounds. Cut each round in half (these are the 24 chick feet). Next cut two triangles from the straight side of the half-round. Save the triangle cuts for the noses.
- Once the eggs are cooked, peel them. Cut each egg open just above the center. The cooked yolk should just fall right out. Place the yolk into the greek yogurt mixture. Repeat this step until all the yolks are out.
- Use an electric mixer to whip the yolks together with the greek yogurt mixture. Scoop this filling back into the eggs and put the top of the eggs back on (a little of the filling should be showing).
- Place two peppercorns or olives for the eyes and one small carrot triangle for the nose. Wedge the egg in between the two carrot feet for balance.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American