- 2 cups Roasted Tomatillo Salsa (recipe follows)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each pounded to about 1-inch thick
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 avocado from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a baking dish, mix together 1/4 cup of the salsa with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, if time permits.
- Prepare a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill to medium-hot.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the remaining salsa; stir 5 minutes to concentrate slightly. Add broth; boil gently until thick enough to coat a spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add avocado.
- Remove chicken from marinade; sprinkle with salt; grill 8 inches from medium-hot coals, turning once, until seared and cooked through about 8 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce onto 4 plates; top with chicken; garnish with cilantro.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Mexican