Avocado Arugula Chicken Burgers
Avocado and chicken, what could be better? These Avocado Arugula Chicken Burgers will have you craving the leftovers. These are a perfectly healthy addition to your diet and they won’t make you feel like you’ve been missing out! The addition of the avocado is a great way to in some of your daily intake of good fats. Plus, avocados make everything better… including protein shakes! 😉
Tips for making chicken burgers:
- Buy quality meat and look for ground chicken breasts (not just ground chicken). If you can’t find it already ground, ask the meat department or your butcher if they will grind breasts for you.
- Season the meat and mix together before forming the patty
- Cook over medium heat and leave them alone. Don’t flip them constantly.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked through (165 degrees Fahrenheit is recommended for chicken)
Also, try these mouth-watering burger recipes:
- The BEST Cheeseburger Recipe
- Italian Seasoned Homemade Turkey Burgers
- Easy Avocado Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Perhaps the best compliment to our Arugula Chicken Burgers are our Roasted Sweet Potato Cubes.
This was originally posted on Tosca Reno’s blog in 2012. We were so excited when Tosca Reno, the mother of the Eat-Clean Diet asked us to write a guest post!
These Avocado Arugula Chicken Burgers will have you craving the leftovers. These are a perfectly healthy addition to your diet and they won’t make you feel like you’ve been missing out.
- 1 lb chicken breasts, ground
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- ½ tsp coarse ground black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup of arugula
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 4 Ezekiel English muffins, separated
- Mix ground chicken, tomatoes, red onion, black pepper, garlic powder, sea salt and quick cooking oats in a medium-size bowl. Form into 4 equal size patties.
- In a skillet or a grill, cook chicken burgers thoroughly, turning to ensure they are cooked throughout. Cook for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Toast separated Ezekiel English muffins. Place ¼ cup of arugula on 1 side of English muffin, then add cooked chicken burger patty, followed by avocado slices. Dress your burger accordingly.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American