GRILLED CHICKEN WITH PESTO CAULIFLOWER
As you know by now, we only make simple recipes. We try to live a simple life overall and that definitely applies to our cooking! We don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, we have trails to explore! So don’t let the ingredients and steps fool you in this recipe. It is a very simple recipe to create and it tastes delicious!
There are essentially only five ingredients (not including any of the spices!): chicken, Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, kumquats, purple cauliflower, and Bertolli balsamic vinegar. You may have noticed from many of the other recipes that we use organic extra virgin olive oil consistently. It’s important to pick a good olive oil though and they are not created equal!
Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is non-GMO and verified USDA Organic, made from organic olives, and produced using organic farming standards. It is the number one oil brand in the world with over 150 years of expertise in olive oil blending
We use olive oil to coat our pans when cooking or sautéing, on our salads as salad dressing, and in recipes to make them full of flavor. The Grilled Chicken with Pesto Cauliflower recipe we are sharing with you today is definitely full of flavor. It is sweet and savory, all at the same time. The best part is you’ll have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes (not including the marinating time for the chicken – don’t forget that part!)!
TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE:
- You will need to marinate the chicken for 4-5 hours before grilling. Use this guide on How to Grill Chicken to make yours perfect!
- We prepare our chicken in advance during food prep and then just make the cauliflower as our side dish when we are ready to eat! Super simple!
MORE MOUTH-WATERING GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPES:Print
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp salt (iodized salt works best for marinades)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBSP Oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (4 TBSP for pesto, 1 TBSP for each foil packet)
- 1 head of purple cauliflower
- 6 kumquats (4 for juice squeezed into pesto, 1 for each foil packet)
- 8–12 leaves of basil (used for pesto)
- 5 cloves of garlic (1 used for pesto, 2 for each foil packet)
- Sea Salt
- Crushed Black Pepper
Marinate chicken for 4-5 hours. Grill on each side for 7-8 minutes or until no longer pink in the middle. Follow our guide on How to Grill Chicken.
Add ingredients below to a food processor and mix until basil leaves are finely ground and mixed.
- 4 TBSP EVOO
- Juice of 4 freshly squeeze kumquats
- 8-12 basil leaves
- 1 fresh garlic clove or ½ tsp minced garlic
- Dash of sea salt
CAULIFLOWER FOIL PACKETS:
- Wash and cut purple cauliflower into pieces (about 1.5 inches), split into two even servings for grilling in foil packet. Add to 18″ x 18″ piece of foil.
- Cut 2 kumquats into small pieces (about ¼ inch), split evenly, and add to each foil packet
- Add 2 garlic cloves to each foil packet, drizzle 1 TBSP of EVOO, add salt and pepper to your liking
- Drizzle 1 TBSP from pesto on each packet of cauliflower, reserve remainder for garnishing grilled cauliflower
- Enclose all contents in the foil packet and shake to mix ingredients
- Grill on medium-high heat for 20-25 minutes (or until cauliflower is tender)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Grilled