This Gingerbread Granola is crunchy and perfect for many different recipes. It can be made gluten-free and vegan!
- 3 cups rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 3 TBSP butter (use coconut oil if vegan)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup nuts (try pecans, walnuts, and/or cashews)
- 1/2 cup seeds (try flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and/or sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine oats, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar, nuts, and seeds into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small pot, melt butter or coconut oil over low heat. Stir in maple syrup and molasses.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour the maple syrup mixture into the bowl of the oat mixture and stir together until all the ingredients are evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a large sheet pan. Spread evenly around the pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- When stirring every 10 minutes, taste test for the perfect crunchy texture.
- Granola can burn very easily so be sure to check and taste every 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once cooked and let cool before eating.
- The granola should be golden brown and with a crunch to it.
Remember to check the granola every 10 minutes (max!) to prevent it from burning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American