Okay, everyone! Did your mind fall in the gutter when you read the title of this post? Go ahead and get it out of there! Here are 7 fun ideas for date night to get you and your sweetheart out of the house and burning some calories.
The couple that sweats together, stays together!
This is a guest post written by Tiffany.
Let us be your personal trainers with our detailed 4, 6 and 12-week She Sweats Workout plans! We guide your workout each day, telling you exactly what to do and what intensity to work at. We have everything you need! Find out more!
7 Date Night Ideas to Make You Sweat
1. Indoor Rock Climbing
- Many indoor rock climbing gyms have programs for beginners and experienced climbers. Do a quick Google search for gyms in your area and you will soon discover that you can take a class for a couple hours on a Friday or Saturday night that will have you scaling the walls in no time! It’s a great trust exercise for you and your partner as well!
2. Putt-Putt or Mini Golf
- Want to show off those mad putting skills? Try your best at the twists and turns, windmills and crazy alligator obstacles at your local Putt-Putt or Mini Golf hot spot. Or go for gold and play golf!
3. Salsa or Swing Dance Classes
- Wish you could bust a move on the dance floor? Who better than to shake your groove thing with than your favorite person! Find a dance studio in your area and start mastering those moves!
- You know hiking is our absolute favorite! Get to know your partner in the great outdoors! Find a nice park with walking trails or head up to the mountains. Whip up some of our favorite energy bites and/or bars and head out with your partner.
5. Laser Tag/Paint Ball
- Have you been married for a while? Remember when your spouse used to chase after you when you were dating? This will feel like old times! Make ’em chase you – shoot back though and kick some butt! Watch out for the paintballs though – those things HURT!
6. Spin Class
- Can’t entice the hubby to go with you to your favorite Body Pump class? Try taking a spin class together. Many times, there are more men in those classes than women. He will feel right at home! Bring clothes to shower and change afterward then go to nice protein-charged dinner.
7. Explore Scuba Class
- This is NOT your typical date! If you have never done any Scuba diving before, an Explore Scuba Class is just the thing! Typically about 1.5-2 hours long, you will learn about the equipment and the process and then you get to explore in your local Scuba shop’s indoor pool. Bring a towel and a change of clothes! (Note: I did enjoy myself despite the fact that I could not talk under water! Secretly, I think Jim enjoyed a little peace and quiet for once!)
Planning a date night at the house? There are tons of fun things you can do to get up and get moving! Have an XBox Kinect or a Nintendo Wii? Challenge your partner to a dance-off with Michael Jackson – The Experience or Dance Central! Not so much your speed? What about Wii Sports? 10 minutes of boxing and your arms will be screaming!
H&S Budget Tip: Many of these ideas can be found for really good prices! Check your daily deal sites like Groupon and Living Social (especially Living Social Adventures)!
What else do you all do on an active date night? Tell us about how you and your significant other sweat it out!
Happy Date Night!6