Our Salsa Chicken recipe is one of our most popular recipes and one that we make on a weekly basis. We were starting to get pretty tired of it even after dressing it up with black beans, brown rice, or using it in a salad. We decided we would start making it like we do the Buffalo Chicken with the chicken broth. It gives it a nice, fresh new flavor!
If you like this recipe, try our “Italian Stallion” Crock Pot Chicken!Print
- Add all ingredients to your crock pot except chicken broth and salsa. Pour in chicken broth until chicken is covered. Add half of the salsa to the crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for at least 7 hours.
- Once cooked, shred chicken with a fork. Pour all broth out.
- Return chicken crock pot and add remaining salsa.
- Cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes.
Add sliced onion, bell peppers, cilantro, lime, or your favorite pepper to enhance the flavor.