This Thai Red Curry Chicken recipe is a perfect family and budget-friendly meal that’s quick and delicious. Better yet, it’s clean, loaded with fresh vegetables, plus it’s gluten, dairy, and soy free. Throw this together on a busy weeknight and you’re sure to have the whole family begging for more!
Makes 4 servings.
Macros (per serving):
- Calories – 230
- Fat – 10g
- Carbohydrates – 10g
- Protein – 25g
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (organic, free-range preferred)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Can (14 oz.) Light Coconut Milk for a thicker consistency use Regular Coconut Milk – note, using regular coconut milk will add about 100 calories per serving due to the higher fat content
- 1 tsp Fish Sauce (vegans/vegetarians – use 2 tsp Coconut Aminos)
- 2 tsp Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- Juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed Lime
- 1/2 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 1 Cup Organic Broccoli
- 1 Sliced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Snow Peas
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Leeks
- Half a Handful of Thai Basil with purple stems removed (our local store refers to this as “Taiwan Basil”. If you can’t find Thai Basil, Italian Basil will be fine)
- Options – add extra fish sauce or coconut aminos for flavor, if necessary. Also, consider garnishing with fresh green onions.
- Cut chicken breasts into small, bite-size pieces
- Cut red bell pepper, onion, leeks, and broccoli
- In a deep pan (Wok style) under medium-high heat, stir coconut oil and red curry paste for 30 seconds or until all coconut oil is blended with curry paste
- Add 1/4 cup coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce (or coconut aminos), and onion. Stir for 1 minute on medium-high heat until well-blended.
- Add chicken and all but 1/4 cup of the coconut milk, cook for 6 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Note – let mixture come to boil around the 6-minute mark
- Add broccoli, bell pepper, snow peas, leeks, and Thai basil, and remaining coconut milk. Cook on medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Let boil for 60 seconds.
- Serve and enjoy!