I made these sweet treats to celebrate Scott’s birthday. Well, that was really just an excuse to make them. I was going to make our Chocolate Chip Cookies but wanted something thicker and more cake-like. These definitely hit the spot! They are easily made gluten-free as well by using gluten-free oats and oat flour . Get ready for this…I made these so that they would only be two servings! Feel free to share them with someone and not feel guilty about eating half the cookies!
- 1 cup organic garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 whole organic egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Stevia in the raw (or more, if you prefer sweeter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 squares dark chocolate (or more, if you want), broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients, excluding dark chocolate, to a food processor and process until ingredients are blended
- Once blended, stir in dark chocolate
- Coat muffin tins with coconut oil or use muffin liners and add batter
- Bake for 18-22 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
We think these are even better after they are placed in the refrigerator for a few hours!