I made these sweet treats to celebrate Scott’s birthday. Well, that was really just an excuse to make them. I was going to make our Chocolate Chip Cookies but wanted something thicker and more cake-like. These definitely hit the spot! They are easily made gluten-free as well by using gluten-free oats and oat flour. Get ready for this…I made these so that they would only be two servings! Feel free to share them with someone and not feel guilty about eating half the cookies!
- 1 cup organic garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 whole organic egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp Stevia in the raw (or more, if you prefer sweeter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 squares dark chocolate (or more, if you want), broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all ingredients, excluding dark chocolate, to a food processor and process until ingredients are blended
- Once blended, stir in dark chocolate
- Coat muffin tins with coconut oil or use muffin liners and add batter
- Bake for 18-22 minutes
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
We think these are even better after they are placed in the refrigerator for a few hours!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes