We had a cold snap here in Georgia where all I wanted was hot chocolate. I’m pretty picky about hot chocolate too so it took me quite a few tries to get this one to where I would “approve” but I definitely think I hit the nail on the head if I can say so myself! This will warm you up and also provide you with the protein you need. It’s perfect as a “snack” during the day, maybe after breakfast or even right before bed while you are relaxing! You can’t go wrong with this one! Try it and let us know what you think!
Not sure about which protein powder to use? We reviewed our favorite whey protein powder and our favorite plant-based protein powder! You’ll surely find one you love!Print
Healthy, Protein-Packed Hot Chocolate
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 small scoops stevia
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- Combine all ingredients, excluding almond milk. Blend together using a hand blender. You can use a regular blender but because there isn’t much liquid it will be more difficult so I suggest a hand blender/frother or even combining by hand mixing.
- Heat almond milk over medium heat until it starts boiling (Be careful as it will overflow quickly!)
- Add hot almond milk to blended ingredients and stir to combine
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
Leave a Reply