Wait… what?!? I can eat pie when I eat clean? Well, of course – as long as the ingredients are clean and they get you closer to your goals! Why not?
This pie crust is perhaps one of our easiest recipes – it just takes a food processor or a blender, a surface to roll out it on, a pie dish and an oven. The recipe isn’t your typical sweet, graham cracker crust – it’s more savory and tastes like a pastry-type crust. We recommend our Clean Savory Pie Crust for dishes such as quiches, meat pies, and side dishes – skip it for your favorite desserts. Don’t forget! This recipe is gluten-free too!
Use this savory pie crust with our Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Quiche!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to blend and break up oatmeal approximately 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk almond milk, egg yolk, safflower oil and apple cider vinegar to a froth.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients in the food processor and pulse to blend for approximately 45 to 60 seconds.
- Remove blade from food processor bowl and refrigerate dough for 45-60 minutes, enough time to chill and for the dough to thicken.
- Flour a large surface with oat flour. Remove dough from bowl and knead into a ball. Begin to flatten the dough out to 1/2″ thickness.
- Place dough in a pie dish, ensuring that it spreads evenly on the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Use your thumb to create “wavy” sides if you wish.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Allow crust to cool for 20-30 minutes before adding filling.
Use this pie crust with our Broccoli Cheddar Cheese Quiche.