This is a meal you can prepare in the morning and have ready when you come home from work. Crockpot Buffalo Chicken is made up of only a few ingredients so that it remains healthy and simple, but also tastes delicious and is filling! It is great for leftovers or can be used for your food prep.
Are you tired of having plain chicken every night? This recipe adds a little spice and flavor to your meal. You can eat it with rice on the side, make lettuce wrap appetizer bites, or save it for another meal.
The crockpot is the best part about this meal, besides the flavor. You can combine the few ingredients in the crockpot in the morning and 7 hours later, you will have a delicious meal ready to be served!
The ingredients are healthy and contain less sodium than other options. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce has only 190mg of sodium per tsp and Tabasco only has 35mg per two. Each serving of the Pulled Buffalo Chicken has over 27g of protein in it!
Adapted from SkinnyTaste.com
- Add all ingredients except Frank’s and Tabasco to your crockpot. Cover chicken with Frank’s (JUST enough to cover) and add Tabasco if you want it spicy or sub some Tabasco in the place of Frank’s for less sodium.
- Cook on low heat for at least 7 hours.
- Once cooked, set aside 1/2 cup of broth and pour out the remaining.
- Return chicken and 1/2 cup of saved broth to crockpot and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes.
- Frank’s has 190mg of sodium per tsp and Tabasco only has 35mg of sodium per tsp.
- You can add the chicken to lettuce wraps for a festive appetizer while entertaining or for a more portable dinner.