It’s so fun to make your own beauty products and it’s SO much better for you than 99% of the products on the market. Below are 5 beauty recipes you can make from items already in your kitchen.
5 Beauty Recipes from your Kitchen
Simple Sugar Scrub
- 1/2 cup white sugar (I know! We typically tell you to throw this out – use it here instead!)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
Mix all ingredients together and rub into skin. You can use this on your face and your entire body! Just keep it out of your hair.
Cucumber Oatmeal Soothing Face Mask
- 1 c cucumber, chopped and peeled
- 1/2 c quick cooking (instant) oats
- 1/4 c hot water
Add cucumber to a blender to puree. Once cucumber is pureed, add oats and hot water. Mix in the blender for 10 seconds to combine. Allow contents to set and cool for approximately 5 minutes. Apply on face and leave on for 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
Banana Firming Face Mask
- 1 overly ripe banana
- 1 TBSP honey
Mash banana with a fork or place in a blender to puree. Stir in honey to create a paste. Apply on face and allow it dry (approximately 20 minutes). Rinse with cool water.
Nourishing Avocado Face Mask
- 1 avocado, flesh only
- 1 TBSP warm water
- 1 tsp honey
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until well combined. Apply on face and allow to dry (approximately 15-20 minutes). Rinse with cool water.
- Blondes: 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts water
- Brunettes: 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water
- Mix all ingredients together and use after shampooing and conditioning your hair.
Do you have any favorite kitchen beauty recipes?10