April?! Seriously. I have no words on how we are already done with Q1 of 2018! You know what this means…the beginning of a new challenge!
The entire goal of our Detox Your Life Challenge is to improve a different area of our lives each month. It’s okay if we don’t accomplish ALL of our goals; however, we will take much pride in tackling the goals we set and use those accomplishments to build momentum in tackling our remaining goals as the year goes on.
DETOX YOUR HOME
Last month, for the Detox Your Nutrition Challenge, our goals were to:
- Do an entire food prep each week (sorta check, we did food prep but not a complete food prep each time…we are definitely working on this again in April)
- Drink our apple cider vinegar detox water every day (sorta check, some days yes some days no)
- Try to incorporate vegetables into breakfast (ha – no!)
- Drink at least 64 oz of water each day (check!)
- Limit added sugar (check!)
- Eat out twice per week, max (check! except for while we were out of town)
Again, just because a new month is upon us doesn’t mean that we are going to completely forget about our previous goals. We will continue with our previous goals and simultaneously move forward with our new goals!
WONDERING WHAT ALL OF THIS DETOX STUFF IS ALL ABOUT?
Take a look at the concept behind our Detox Your Life Challenge here.
WHY INCLUDE THE HOME IN OUR DETOX CHALLENGE?
We’re so glad you asked. We spend quite a bit of time in our homes so it’s important to have a non-toxic environment there just as it is to have a non-toxic environment in our bodies.
When our homes are clean and less cluttered, it’s easier to focus on other things that we need to get done and it makes it easier to relax! Spring is the perfect time to tackle a detox of our homes.
SO, WHAT WILL WE BE WORKING ON THIS MONTH?
- Replace cleaning supplies with more natural ones
- Deep clean the house
- Learn more about essential oils (yes, we are a few years behind on this one but we’ve become obsessed with NOW foods oils AND their prices!)
- Change our HVAC air filter
- Clean (or replace) the filter on our air purifier
- Declutter (even more than we already have!)
LOOKING FOR IDEAS FOR YOUR OWN CHALLENGE?
- Join our 30-day minimalism challenge
CHECK OUT THESE ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
NEED TO WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS WITH PEN AND PAPER?
We do too! We have a simple printable for you! You can print it in color or black and white and then just fill in whatever notes or goals you need to jot down. Get it here.
Reminder: Make sure you are signed up for the Detox Your Life Challenge emails so that you know when a new challenge is released or we have something fun to give you like a new printable!
We’ll come back here to update the links as we post for each month:
- January – Detox Your Fitness
- February – Detox Your Money
- March – Detox Your Nutrition
- April – Detox Your Home
- May – Detox Your Body
- June – Detox Your Digital Life
- July – Detox Your Brain
- August – Detox Your Relationships
- September – Detox Your Office/Workspace
- November – Detox Your Sleep
- December – Detox Your Time
Detox Chiang Mai says
We are in the middle of detoxing our house. We are living in a nice wooden house in Chiang Mai, some people call it a tree house. Now we are looking into all things what can get rid of that is not supporting our live style