We are regulars at our local Publix. We shop at Publix because it is the closest grocery store out here in the sticks! The items below will give you an idea of what we purchase on a weekly basis. We don’t usually shop around for the lowest price because, honestly, we feel like our time is worth more.
Our typical shopping list:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (we usually have Publix grind this for us)
- Extra-lean ground turkey
- Grass-fed beef
- Crystal Farms 100% egg whites (pasteurized cartons)
- Organic, free-range eggs
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Baby food
- Quick oats
- Food for Life Products (Ezekiel bread, english muffins, tortillas/wraps, etc.)
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Vegetables (red, sweet, and green onions, cauliflower, asparagus, etc.)
- Fruits (bananas (for post-workout carbs), apples, various berries, lemons and limes, etc.)
Basically, we are “perimeter” shoppers. We spend very little time in the inner sections of the grocery store because that is where you will find all of the processed junk loaded with preservatives, sugars, and genetically-modified ingredients (for an exhaustive list of GMO foods and brands, go here – chances are, if it’s made by any well-known brand, it’s genetically modified or engineered…a.k.a. fake food).
Click the links below for more of our shopping lists!
- Clean Shopping (Part 1) – Costco
- Clean Shopping (Part 3) – Specialty Stores
- Clean Shopping (Part 4) – Online Retailers
Remember, this is a lifestyle and not a diet.
Good luck with your journey and keep eating clean!
– Scott & Whitney