UPDATE: We have an updated Costco shopping list HERE!
Are you asking yourself where to buy clean food? Well, most of your regular grocery stores carry it…you just have to know what to look for and where to look for it! Hopefully, this will give you some ideas of what we buy and where we buy it!
We buy most of our clean food at Costco & Publix. We also utilize Amazon’s Subscribe & Save service for items that are not commonly carried in grocery stores. When we are near Whole Foods or Trader Joes we take advantage & stock up, especially on the bulk dry goods like steel cut oats, brown rice, beans, lentils, and nuts!
This week we will share with you what we purchase at Costco. We have included prices but remember that prices and availability vary by region.
- Organic Spinach $4.29 (1 lb)
- Red Bell Peppers $5.79 (6 count)
- Broccoli $4.79 (3 lbs)
- Celery $3.89 (4 count)
- Kirkland Nonfat Greek Yogurt $6.99 (2/32 oz) OR Fage Nonfat Greek Yogurt $4.99 (2.2 lb)
- Eggs $3.69 (2/1.5 dz) OR if you have room in your refrigerator you can purchase 7.5 dz for $8.49
- Organic Cage Free Eggs $6.99 (2 dz)
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $2.99 per lb
- Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts 5.99 per lb
- Natural Peanut Butter $9.99 (2/40 oz)
- Almond Butter $5.99 (26 oz)
- Walnuts $14.99 (48 oz)
- Almonds $9.89 (48 oz)
- Organic Brown Rice $9.59 (6 lb)
- Organic Quinoa $9.69 (4 lb)
- Organic Diced Tomatoes $7.69 (8/14.5 oz)
- Organic Salsa $7.49 (2/38 oz)
- All Natural Chicken Broth $8.39 (12/14 oz)
- Organic Gold Flax $7.99 (48 oz)
- Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
- Sweet Potatoes
- Black Pepper $5.39 (12.7 oz)
- Granulated California Garlic (Powder) $4.49 (18 oz)
- Sea Salt $2.79 (30 oz)
- Cinnamon $2.65 (10.7 oz)
- Oregano $3.99 (2.5 oz)
Click the links below for more of our shopping lists!
- Clean Shopping (Part 2) – Publix
- Clean Shopping (Part 3) – Specialty Stores
- Clean Shopping (Part 4) – Online Retailers
Remember to Wash, Chop & Divide all of your veggies for the week as soon as you get home from the store! Trust me, it will make it much easier for you to get your veggies in! 🙂
This is normal, right? 😉 We took advantage of the chicken sale at Costco and stocked up!
Below is a picture of what we call our “supply/bulk closet”. We actually purchased the shelving unit for our garage but then we decided that we needed it inside to better organize our clean eating supplies! This way when we buy in bulk we have a place to put the extra items and free up room in our pantry. Also, when any clean items go on sale (which is rare) we stock up!