Who doesn’t love tortilla soup? Why not make it even better and more appropriate for fall with a little pumpkin? It makes the soup creamier and adds a special kick!
Pumpkin Tortilla Slow Cooker Soup
- 4 c Pacific’s Tortilla Soup Starter* (approx. 1 large container)
- 1 1/2 c pumpkin, pureed (may use canned 100% pureed pumpkin)
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 lb tomatillos, chopped
- 1/4 lb roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1. Prepare all ingredients and combine in a medium slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for approximately 4 hours (or 2 hours on high) until chicken is easily shredded.
3. Shred chicken with a fork.
*Note: Pacific’s Tortilla Soup Starter does contain a small amount of natural cane sugar.