Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable. Who knew you could make pizza crust, mashed “potatoes”, alfredo sauce or even cheesy “breadstick” dippers? Well, we have come up with another way to use that cauliflower – make it into a clean version of your hibachi favorite, fried rice! There’s no need to add the extra carbs if you don’t have to – here’s the recipe!
Cauliflower “Fried Rice”
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1.5 c zucchini, diced
- 1 c mushrooms, diced
- 2 c carrots, shredded
- (OPTIONAL) 1 whole egg, scrambled
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
1. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until you create cauliflower “snow” or it begins to look like rice.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Add diced onion and cook until onions become clear, stirring often – approximately 6-7minutes.
4. Combine zucchini and mushrooms in pot with onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
5. Add carrots to pan and saute for 2 minutes.
6. OPTIONAL: Add scrambled egg and stir to combine.
7. Combine cauliflower “snow” with mixture in pan and continue to heat for 1 minute.
8. Add coconut aminos, stirring thoroughly to combine.