If you are bored with plain old chicken breasts and love Italian food, this Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe is for you. Without losing any flavor, this recipe is healthy and gluten and dairy-free!
GLUTEN-FREE CHICKEN PARMESAN
I had a MAJOR craving for Chicken Parmesan the other night, but of course, I wasn’t interested in making it the “old fashioned” way. I wanted no-dairy, no regular flours and ALL the flavor of the real thing.
Think comfort food all the way here! So… here’s the recipe – you won’t be disappointed!
MORE COMFORT FOOD RECIPES TO TRY:
- 4 chicken breasts, trimmed
- 3 whole eggs eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Place eggs in a medium-size bowl and mix as though you are scrambling eggs. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine flours and spices with a whisk.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Individually, dredge chicken breast into the egg bowl and then into the flour mixture, sure to coat the chicken well. Repeat by placing the same chicken breast into the egg mixture again and then into the flour mixture to form a nice “crust.”
- Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet and repeat for each chicken breast.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for approximately 40 minutes, or until each chicken breast is thoroughly cooked.
- Top with your favorite clean spaghetti sauce and pair with brown rice noodles, spaghetti squash, or zucchini ribbons!
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Italian