What a great way to reach your fitness goals with our friend and complete protein, the egg! Now, I have to be honest – I have never had a deviled egg in my life! I was super excited to try this recipe for angeled eggs when I saw that it was clean and a great alternative to their higher fat, higher cholesterol evil cousin, the deviled egg.
Clean Eat Recipe :: Protein Packed Angeled Eggs!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 6-oz can tuna
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Paprika, to garnish
1. Slice eggs into halves lengthwise. Scoop out yokes and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, finely mash 2 egg yolks with a fork. Discard remaining yolks.
3. In another bowl, finely mash tuna with a fork.
4. Combine tuna and egg yolks into one bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
5. Spoon mixture into hollowed-out egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve immediately or chill to allow flavors to meld.
There isone caveat… my Father-in-Law, who is not used to eating anywhere near remotely clean, decided to try one and I don’t think that they were what he was expecting. There is definitely a different taste than that of a deviled egg! Worried? Try making a small batch before you plan to serve them just to make sure the family is up for it!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.
*Recipe from Oxygen Magazine, “Eat Eggs Get Lean,” October 2011.