One of the biggest challenges I had as a clean eating wife trying to get my husband on board was depriving him of Alfredo sauce! He LOVED it! He claims to have never eaten red tomato pasta sauce (though I converted him as long as I make it spicy enough) and for as long as I could remember, he gobbled the creamy, buttery Alfredo sauce up. Well, leave it to me to find him an alternative to his favorite!
This is a guest post written by Tiffany.
P.S. Have you heard about our FREE 13 Day Clean Eating Challenge? Learn more here & join today! It’s FREE!Print
- Boil chicken broth. Add chopped cauliflower and spices. Cook 20 minutes until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool approximately 5 minutes.
- Blend mixture in blender. (Be CAREFUL! Hot liquid expands). Add cottage cheese, water and olive oil and blend again.
- Return to pot to simmer on low for approximately 5 minutes.
- Top your favorite brown rice, black bean, or edamame pasta (try Explore Asian!). You can add seafood or chicken or simply use as a dipping sauce.