SWEET POTATO AND CINNAMON BROWNIES
Who said you had to suffer from a lack of treats when you eat clean? Think about your favorite treats and use our clean eating swap guide to “clean it up”!
Has it been one of those days? Do you just want to eat a brownie and call it a day? What about these Sweet Potato and Cinnamon Brownies? They are healthy, eat clean and won’t break the calorie bank. Try these brownies tonight!
He & She Tip: Brownies fresh from the oven will have a cake-like texture. If you desire more of a brownie texture, refrigeration overnight is recommended.
Gluten-Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Flour as an alternativePrint
Sweet Potato and Cinnamon Brownies
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Substitute gluten free flour, such as Gluten-Free Oat Flour)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Baked Sweet Potato (Make sure that you use oven baked sweet potato minus the skin for maximum sweetness.)
- 1/2 cup Agave Nectar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract (no HFCS)
- 6 Egg Whites
- Extra Olive Oil in a Spritzer Bottle
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, combine baked sweet potato, agave nectar, oil and vanilla extract. Puree until combined and smooth.
- Gradually mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients, until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until fluffy.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold egg whites into batter.
- Using your olive oil spritzer, lightly spray an 8×8″ baking pan. Transfer brownie batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow cooling to room temperature for approximately 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply