- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup sucanat sugar OR Ideal Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened unflavored Almond Milk
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa (We used Endangered Species 72%)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a round, non-stick cake pan lightly with olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. We find it easiest to use a wooden spoon as it sticks less.
- Spoon mixture into cake pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes depending on your oven temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American