Need something to get you through these gloomy rainy days of May here in the South? No problem! Brighten up your day the clean eating way with a little (and yes, I said little) treat sure to please! Freeze the rest for when you need another treat!
Clean Eating Cookie Cake Bake
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup sucanat sugar OR Ideal Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened unflavored Almond Milk
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa (We used Endangered Species 72%)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. We find it easiest to use a wooden spoon as it sticks less.
4. Spoon mixture into cake pan.
4. Bake for 17-20 minutes depending on your oven temperature.
Makes 8 cookie slices.