Need something to get you through these gloomy rainy days of May here in the South? No problem! Brighten up your day the clean eating way with a little (and yes, I said little) treat sure to please! Freeze the rest for when you need another treat!
Also try our Clean Eating Cookie Dough and our Cookie Cake Mini Pies!Print
Clean Eating Cookie Cake
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup sucanat sugar OR Ideal Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened unflavored Almond Milk
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 2/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa (We used Endangered Species 72%)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a round, non-stick cake pan lightly with olive oil.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. We find it easiest to use a wooden spoon as it sticks less.
- Spoon mixture into cake pan.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes depending on your oven temperature.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply