These chocolate chip almond butter cookies are the perfect treat!
Remember, just because it’s clean and isn’t full of processed junk, you still need to be conscious of the total amount of calories you are consuming. Each of these bad boys have about 110 calories. Not bad for a snack once in a while, but pop 4 or 5 of them and you have wasted a good bit of your daily caloric intake.
Mets: (per cookie)
- Calories: 95
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbs: 9g
*Source: The Best of Clean Eating, 2010.Print
Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Cookies
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- 1 cup Almond Butter, stirred well
- 3/4 cup Sucanat Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 oz dark chocolate (try Lindt Extra Dark Chocolate 85% Cocoa), broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the first five ingredients until blended. Stir in Chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on to parchment lined baking sheets (non-stick pans work incredibly well also!).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for five minutes. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 15 more minutes.
Freeze your leftover cookies by wrapping each one individually. When you are looking for a special treat, unwrap one and eat it before it thaws. A little piece of Heaven on Earth!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Leave a Reply