- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut bell peppers in half, discarding the seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, cooked quinoa, egg whites, scallion, and seasonings plus 1 tbsp of tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Stuff each pepper half with the mixture. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 45 minutes and serve.
- 1 serving is 2 pepper halves
- Add some additional spices – possibly some cayenne pepper to add some spice and flavor. You can also try a clean Arrabiata sauce for more of a kick instead of regular tomato sauce!
- Reader Recipe of the Month, Cara Cole-Mahon, Oxygen Magazine, May 2012