Want a FREE Dessert & Treat eCookbook?
I LOVE ground turkey! When I saw this recipe in Oxygen Magazine’s May 2012 issue, I knew that I had to try it! This would make a great snack post workout or pop two of these as a meal a little later on in the day. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, but you may just want to spice them up a little more than the recipe calls for – my super spicy taste budswere yearning for a little more spice!
Clean Eat Recipe: Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
Reader Recipe of the Month, Cara Cole-Mahon, Oxygen Magazine, May 2012
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (preferably ground turkey breast or 97/3%)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 c chopped scallion
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp clean jarred tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut bell peppers in half, discarding the seeds.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey, cooked quinoa, egg whites, scallion and seasonings plus 1 tbsp of tomato sauce. Mix well.
He & She Tip: Add some additional spices – possibly some cayenne pepper to add some spice and flavor. You can also try a clean Arrabiata sauce for more of a kick instead of regular tomato sauce!
3. Stuff each pepper half with the mixture. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 45 minutes and serve.
1 serving is 2 pepper halves.
- Calories: 260
- Carbs: 22g
- Protein: 32g
- Fats: 3g
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.