I LOVE ground turkey! When I saw this recipe in Oxygen Magazine’s May 2012 issue, I knew that I had to try it! This would make a great snack post workout or pop two of these as a meal a little later on in the day. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, but you may just want to spice them up a little more than the recipe calls for – my super spicy taste buds were yearning for a little more spice!
- Calories: 260
- Carbs: 22g
- Protein: 32g
- Fats: 3g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut bell peppers in half, discarding the seeds.
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, cooked quinoa, egg whites, scallion, and seasonings plus 1 tbsp of tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Stuff each pepper half with the mixture. Top with remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 45 minutes and serve.
- 1 serving is 2 pepper halves
- Add some additional spices – possibly some cayenne pepper to add some spice and flavor. You can also try a clean Arrabiata sauce for more of a kick instead of regular tomato sauce!
- Reader Recipe of the Month, Cara Cole-Mahon, Oxygen Magazine, May 2012