Recipe adapted from Bob’s Red Mill Oat Packaging
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2/3 organic strawberry jam/jelly (check the ingredients!)
- Organic strawberries (optional, for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 8X8 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray (we use an olive oil mister).
- In a medium bowl combine melted coconut oil, applesauce, and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, oats, Xylitol, Xanthan Gum, baking powder, sea salt, and almond milk until blended.
- Stir remaining tsp of vanilla extract into strawberry jam until smooth. Spread evenly on top.
- Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over jam, then pat firmly to make top layer smooth.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Let bars cool in pan for 30 minutes on a wire rack.
- Once cool, cut into 16 bars.
Xylitol is toxic to animals.