Quinoa is a very healthy, easy to prepare side dish. Adding vegetables makes it even more delicious! Try the recipe below or try your own variation and let us know how it turns out!
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups organic, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup organic edamame
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Combine the quinoa and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and lightly simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix together edamame, red pepper and cucumber.
- Once quinoa is cooked add garlic, black pepper and sea salt and mix throughly. Then add in your vegetable mix.
I will sometimes add baked chicken and eat it in a bowl as one of my meals while I am on the road! Easy and nutritious…add any vegetables that you like!
Enjoy our recipes? Get help with your grocery shopping here.