I don’t know about you, but on mornings where I haven’t felt the best the night before (hence, I haven’t wanted to cook) or I’ve run out of food and had no time to prepare, the thought of driving up somewhere and getting a breakfast sandwich sounds like the perfect solution. THINK AGAIN!!
Chances are, you have everything you need (or can stock everything you need) to make a quick breakfast that’s grab and go friendly (after cooking for approximately 5-7 minutes). No drive-thrus for you!
There are all types of varieties of clean breakfast sandwiches you can make. What would you add to make your sandwich your own?
You should also try our Chick-Fil-A Copycat Egg White Grill!Print
- Ezekiel English Muffins – 1 Muffin per sandwich
- 4 Egg Whites (About 3/4 – 1 cup of Egg Whites if using a liquid egg white variety)
- 1 TBSP Low-Fat, Organic Cheddar Cheese
- Defrost your English Muffin – If you have kept the English Muffins in your freezer, you will need to defrost it prior to toasting. If you know you will be making this before you rush out in the morning, you may simply pop one out of the freezer once you wake and let it defrost while you are in the shower and getting ready for work. If you don’t have the time, we typically microwave ours at 30 secs per muffin.
- Spray a small pan with olive oil to prevent sticking and place 4 egg whites in the bottom on medium to medium-high heat. Essentially, you will not turn or “flip” your eggs until they are cooked on the top through the bottom of the eggs. Think of it as making an omelet with no stuffing or an egg white pancake.
- Once your eggs are about 90% cooked, add a sprinkling of cheese and fold in half. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes longer.
- While your eggs finish, toast your English Muffin – separate your defrosted muffin and pop it in your toaster. We have found our “Bagel” setting on our toaster to be the best indicator for the perfect muffin.
- Using your spatula, slice your eggs in half again.
- Assemble your sandwich and off you go!
- Our favorite muffin variety is the Food for Life Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins – they come in a pack of six, typically located in the Natural Foods Frozen section of your grocery and should be kept frozen to extend the life of the muffins.
- Wrap in aluminum foil to catch any “drips” from the eggs and/or cheese if you decide to take the sandwich in the car with you.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American