- 1 1/2 cup Quick Cooking Oats (also available gluten-free)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- less than 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract (avoid HFCS)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, heated and liquefied
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (we use pure olive oil).
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Creating a well in the bottom of the bowl, begin adding and mixing in wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Fold in blueberries to the batter.
- Fill 12-cup muffin tin with batter, equally filling each compartment.
- Bake 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes prior to removing from tins.
- Pastry flour is milled finer than regular flour, although regular flour may be used as well.
- If you are uncomfortable using Xylitol, you can substitute Sucanet or Demerara sugar - just keep in mind that it changes the nutritional information for the muffin.
- Xylitol is toxic to pets.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American