Take your protein on the go with these YUMMY, easy to bake, Protein-Packed Blueberry Muffins!
We LOVE foods that mix and bake quickly! That’s one of the reasons we like these. Another is because you get your protein and they are totally portable! Grab the recipe below!
- You can use oat flour instead of whole wheat flour
- You can use whey or egg white protein powder
- Keep any leftover muffins refrigerated
- Folding is basically just mixing but a little more gentle. We use a plastic spatula for this!
- 1 1/2 c Quick Cooking Oats (also available gluten-free)
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- less than 1/2 cup Xylitol
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract (avoid HFCS)
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, heated and liquefied
- 1 cup frozen Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray (we use pure olive oil).
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Creating a well in the bottom of the bowl, begin adding and mixing in wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Fold in blueberries to the batter.
- Fill 12-cup muffin tin with batter, equally filling each compartment.
- Bake 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes prior to removing from tins.
- Pastry flour is milled finer than regular flour, although regular flour may be used as well.
- If you are uncomfortable using Xylitol, you can substitute Sucanet or Demerara sugar – just keep in mind that it changes the nutritional information for the muffin.
- Xylitol is toxic to pets.