Add my delicious but healthy Baked Turkey Meatball recipe to your menu plan this week. This clean eating recipe for turkey meatballs is super simple to make and packs tons of flavor without the guilt of being high in calories. A great dairy free and low carb recipe that is versatile enough to be served on a sandwich, in a soup or topping your favorite pasta.
Baked Turkey Meatball
I love trying out new ways of cooking classic comfort foods. Trying to eat a clean diet can be hard when so many of my favorites aren’t exactly compliant. This clean eating recipe is one that will knock your socks off. Your taste buds will thank you for making our super simple baked turkey meatball recipe.
Tips for making Baked Turkey Meatball Recipe
While you can use ground chicken for this recipe, I prefer the taste and texture of ground turkey. When making these baked turkey meatballs, you may have to get your hands a bit dirty, but I have an awesome trick that you will love!
- Use your stand mixer with dough hook to mix the ground meat and seasoning mixture to keep your hands clean!
- Grab a small ice cream scoop or melon baller to scoop the mixture onto your baking plate in equal portions
- Make double batches, and freeze part of the meatballs on a baking sheet raw. Leave in the freezer for 1-2 hours or until solid, then pop them off the baking sheet and into a freezer bag for later. Just drop them onto a baking dish and bake for an extra 15-20 minutes when ready to make them again.
Best Ways to Serve Baked Turkey Meatball Recipe
You can always serve these turkey meatballs over pasta with your favorite sauce. If you are like me though, you love thinking outside the box a bit. Below are some different ways you can fit this high protein option into meal time without fuss.
- Add to a tomato based soup for added protein
- Serve over zucchini or squash noodles for a low carb option
- Add to a toasted bread or roll with a dollop of sauce and your favorite Italian cheese blend
- Break apart and add to an egg scramble for an Italian omelet
More Ground Turkey Recipes
This baked turkey meatball recipe is going to become a favorite in your house in no time. I love using ground turkey in recipes to really cut back on the high-fat proteins. Below are some of my other favorite ground turkey recipes for you to consider adding to your meal plan because I know you will love them too for dinner.Print
Our delicious Baked Turkey Meatball Recipe is going to become a healthy family favorite.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl using hands to mix and separate ground meat
- Shape mixture into 1″ round meatballs and place on baking sheet or in baking pan.
- Bake 23 minutes.
- Makes 15 1″ meatballs
- Zero SmartPoints per meatball on WW FreeStyle Plan when using 99% fat-free ground turkey
- Dairy Free
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: turkey meatball, baked turkey meatball recipe