This is, by far, the BEST clean recipe we have tried. We were both doubting it but gave it a try and we are very glad we did!
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp basil
- 1/2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup tomato/spaghetti sauce (organic or homemade)
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- Your choice of clean toppings. We have used spinach, red bell pepper, cucumber, onion, & red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the “crust” (ground chicken breast, Italian seasoning, basil, garlic powder, egg whites & oats) by hand.
- Flatten the “crust” on a pizza stone or in a 9X13″ pan.
- Bake the “crust” at 350 degrees for 20 min.
- Take out the “crust” & add the tomato/spaghetti sauce & spread evenly.
- Add the cottage cheese on top of the tomato/spaghetti sauce & spread evenly.
- Add your choice of toppings.
- Place pizza back in the oven for 10 min or until the cheese is the consistency you prefer.
- Mix all the spices in a separate bowl & taste test it until you find your desired flavor combo. This will also help to get all the flavors mixed before adding to the meat.
- Gluten Free Version: Use Gluten-Free Rolled Oats as an alternative